Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Show in Progress

So these are some sculptures I'm in the process of glazing tonight. They have a base coat of underglaze on their skin that I fired on in the bisque firing. Now I have rubbed black underglaze into the crevices to bring out the detail and I am about to add shadows and highlights. Next I will glaze their eyes, hair and finally clothing.
Ben Belknap Ceramic Sculpture
This is a sculpture I got out of the kiln a couple of days ago using the same process as above(different grey-green underglaze for the skin color.)
Ben Belknap Ceramic Sculpture
Next is the finished flame wall pedestal. Turned out rather nice though I broke one of the flame points off of the upper left hand side. I'll have to glue unfortunately.
Ben Belknap Ceramic Sculpture

Finally a little test piece I made with an old 1961 slip casting mold of a geisha that I used as a press mold.
Ben Belknap Ceramic Sculpture

No comments: